Helen McGuinness demonstrates Facial Electrical Microcurrent Treatment.
Microcurrent is used in beauty therapy to maintain a youthful appearance and combat the effects of ageing on the skin.
It offers facial (and body) contour lifting by re-programming the muscle fibres. It can shorten or relax the fibres, thereby lifting sagging muscles of the jaw, neck and face, as well as reducing and smoothing the fine lines and wrinkles on the face and neck.
It may be offered to a wide client group, including those who wish to use the treatment as a preventative measure against premature ageing as well as to re-educate and strengthen muscles.
There are many different makes of Microcurrent machines, all using similar currents and wave forms, but they are different in design with their own distinguishing features and different methods and procedures.
The treatment works by using a low frequency Microcurrent, which is a thousand times smaller than the current used in other electro-therapy treatments. The Microcurrent stimulates the golgi tendon organ (a sensory organ near the end of a muscle and adjoining tendon). The golgi tendon organ is responsible for keeping a muscle toned and healthy, acting as a safety mechanism to prevent excessive contraction of the muscle.
Indications for Use
• Clients wanting to maintain a youthful appearance/ skin rejuvenation
• Clients with lines, wrinkles and creases
• To improve condition of ageing skin
• To improve the colour and texture of the skin to promote a healthy glow
• To reduce puffiness
• Dark circles and puffiness around the eyes
• To soften scar tissue (old)
Benefits and Effects
• Increases cell metabolism to improve the condition of the skin
• Stimulates cell mitosis to enhance cell renewal
• Increases circulation to the skin, bringing more oxygen and nutrients to the cells and speeding up removal of waste
• Improves lymphatic drainage, thereby reducing puffiness
• Stimulates muscle fibres to improve muscle condition and function
• Stimulates fibroblasts to improve muscle condition and function
• Shortening of the muscles and improvement in tone
For more information, visit http://www.helenmcguinness.com